Tank Water Level Display with float
You will need a hole cutter in the size range of 45mm - 55mm and a power drill for the hole cutter plus, a driver bit for the stainless steel screws.
1. Decide on the best location on the top of the tank so that you will be able to easily read the display. Make sure that the float that will go down into the water does not hit any internal plastic parts if there are any.
2. Carefully remove the front cover of the display unit.
3. Hold the display against the side of the tank at the top and allow the flaot to slowly lower to a point level with the bottom of the tank.
4. With your other hand, carefully rotate the display disc so that the needle is pointing to the 0cm mark.
5. Now slowly lower the display so that the thin cord rewinds.
6. With the float cord fully retracted inside the display, the display should read the height of the tank.
7. Check the accuracey by holding the display in one hand at the level of the top of the tank, slowly lower the float to make sure that everything is correct.
8. Replace the front cover.
9. Using your hole saw, cut the hole in the top of the tank and remove the plastic that is cut out.
10. Lower the float down through the hole and make sure that it can move freely.
11. Now secure the flanged nut to the top of the tank with the 2 stainless steel screws provided.
12. If the float is sitting on the bottom of the tank, the display should read 0cm, if it does not, remove the front cover and adjust the numbered disc.